I Have Nothing.

by

Writer’s block.

I hate when it happens.  I don’t know why it happens.  I’m trying to find the cure.

There is not a creative spark in my being.  Nothing inspires me.  I have to write.  I have to.  But nothing.  I have nothing.

I pace around the house, desperately hoping something will come to me, something will fly into my brain and trigger an amazing idea, but…nothing.

Nothing.

I’m not particularly depressed, I’m just blank.  Completely blank.  I have no ideas, no creativity.  How do I get it back?

I go for a bike ride, thinking the release of endorphins or scenery along the way will produce at least a thought that I can turn into a piece of writing.  I love the feeling of the breeze on my face, of the smell of the cornfields and freshly cut grass.  I gaze at the spacious farm houses surrounded by so much open land, and dream of living there one day.  I stare at the wildflowers along the road, in hues of purple, yellow, and white, visited by the occasional butterfly.  I love the open road, and looking up at the cloud formations in the sky.  I feel at peace.  I am at peace, but still…

Nothing.

I still have no writing ideas.

I come home and listen to some music, thinking maybe a song or lyric might grab me in some way and inspire me to write.  No.  I am still blank.  I’m starting to get frustrated.  Why am I not inspired?  Where is that spark that I so need in order to do what I was meant to do?  Sometimes it’s there, and it’s there in a big way, in a way I can’t even keep up with.  And other times, like now, it’s nowhere to be found.  It’s hiding.  Where, I don’t know…and how to get it back…that’s the question.

I’m pretty sure every writer experiences this.  I know I’m not alone here.  I’d like to know how other writers get themselves out of this, if there are any tricks or methods that I haven’t tried yet.  I’ve tried a lot.  I’ve Googled and tried everything the articles said to do.  I’m wondering if it’s just, like a wave of depression, something you have to ride out.  It will pass.  I’ll still work on it and try to figure it out, but I have confidence in knowing that I will feel that spark once again soon.

If you go through this, I want to know what you do to fix it.  I’d love to hear about it.  I can’t wait to be inspired again.  Because now, I am inspired by…

Nothing.

But, wait.  Nothing is what this blog entry is about, so I guess that’s something, right?  I’m writing about writer’s block, but I’m still writing.  Plus…I went to the psychiatrist today and asked if I can interview her for my blog.  She said yes!  So I already have a new blog topic lined up.  I also told her about the blank feeling, and she made some an adjustment with one of my prescriptions.  So I’m hopeful that the creative spark will come back.  So what am I worried about?

Nothing.