A Good Cry

by

I’m feeling a little better.

I had a complete breakdown this week, and I cried for hours.  Longer than I’ve ever cried.  I think I’ve just been bottling a lot of stuff up inside me (refer to last week’s blog) so that I was numb.  It just happened to all come out during a work meeting (sorry, Chad, and Laura) and I just couldn’t stop crying.

This is why I love my job and am so thankful for the people I work with.  They are understanding and kind.  Not dismissive and condescending, like a lot of people I’ve worked with in the past.  I love everyone I work with.

So the moral of this is, it’s okay to have a complete mental and emotional breakdown.  Sometimes it needs to happen.  I needed it to happen.  It’s even better when you have it and there are nice people around who try to make you laugh and talk to you in a way that shows they understand.  I felt so much better after I cried.  I needed that release.  

I’ve been thinking of taking a little break from Facebook, too.  Anymore it just depresses me.  So many people just write hateful posts that bum me out.  I miss connecting with people on a more personal level…I miss hearing my friends’ voices on the phone and miss seeing them in person.  I won’t deactivate my account, but it’s getting a little old to me.

I subbed for junior high English two days this week…it went better than I expected.  I also had some beautiful flowers delivered on Valentine’s Day from the wonderful husband I don’t deserve.

I also had a great meeting with my counselor, which might have triggered my breakdown…just bringing everything up to the surface…but that’s good.  I feel emotionally cleansed.  I was pretty clogged.  The problems are still there, but I now feel like I have more insight, and I feel like I got a lot out of my system.

I love a good cry.